Background & Purpose of the Job
Perfect City and Convenience channel expansion are 2 of the most exciting, entrepreneurial, and growth driving initiatives at Unilever. In the past year, Perfect City has grown from a retail model in one city to a multi-city, cross functionally supported global best practice. The Convenience channel is still developing and has tremendous growth potential. The ambition is to double the size of the Unilever Convenience business in 2017. As the Analyst supporting Perfect City and Convenience you will be part of a dedicated and passionate team that seeks to drive execution and results for our business/brands in new ways. Responsibilities range from financial forecasting/analysis to leading strategic brainstorming sessions to traveling to Miami/LA to spend time with local teams in market to sharing best practices and results with the global Perfect City teams, implementing and leading Convenience QDR meetings, etc. The role is fast paced, challenging, and extremely rewarding. Results are tangible and there is a strong passion for winning within the Perfect Store team. Perfect City and Convenience channel expansion are high visibility initiatives. Significant time will be spent presenting results/long term strategy back to CCBT/CDLT/USLT to gain endorsement and support to drive market development. Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a changemaker
- Lead/implement strategic planning and program redevelopment with Perfect City director/local teams
- Lead/implement strategic planning for the Convenience channel.
- Work with the Advantage supervisors in each city to track program sell in/execution and deliver results on a monthly basis back to the City Synergy teams
- Conduct financial analysis and deliver quarterly reports on NSV/iTO back to local and global Perfect City teams
- Build relationships with new city teams and launch retail model in 3 new cities in 2017 (travel required)
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Growing Roots Brand team to flawlessly deliver the USLP agenda in stores
- Deliver results back to each brand team supporting Perfect City on quarterly basis
- Track in year spending/budgeting and lead forecasting for future spending/growth
: The Perfect Store Market Development role allows for an element of creativity as you customize the go to market model for various cities, develop new channel strategies, and work with the brand teams on how to bring the USLP to life in store. You love to win, and have fun doing it:
This team is known for setting the bar high. We set stretch targets and find ways to “do different” and achieve them. The stakes are high, however the team culture is energizing and fun! The role will include quarterly travel to California, Florida, and Texas to work with local CD teams. You may be required to attend customer facing meetings. What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bias for action: don’t wait to be told what to do – seek out solutions/best practices for market development.
- Analytical skillset: handle all financial and execution reporting for the team, ability to analyze Nielsen data and turn insights into action.
- Growth Mindset: must have hunger to scale Perfect City to new markets and secure incremental distribution within Convenience channel.
- Teamwork/collaboration: This role requires you to be able to work across multiple teams – internally and externally with our 3rd party broker. Imperative for the success of Perfect City that you are able to engage and motivate local city teams to adopt Perfect City into their markets. Must be strong at influencing the cross functional agenda and getting results from CCD and BB counterparts
- Detail oriented/organizational skillset: many moving pieces and stakeholders in Perfect City and Convenience, effective time management and understanding JTBD is critical.
• Bachelor degree required
• Minimum 3 years related Analytics, Category Management or Retail experience required
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) required
• Proficiency in AC Nielsen Nitro, Spectra, TD Linx, Tableau
• Vendor management experience preferred
• Understanding where to look for particular “solves”
• Ability to translate data into actionable insights
• Self-starter, ability to understand what insights are important and how to translate them proactively Our Take on Leadership Growth Mindset:
This is competitive leadership. Taking the lead in the market place versus following. It's a positive attitude about the company's future — glass half-full —but it's realistic. It's passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. It's placing a fresh emphasis on innovation — challenging the status quo. Consumer and Customer Focus:
This is purpose-driven leadership. It's externally focused — on consumers, on customers. First take care of consumers and customers; financial performance will follow. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's bringing the voice of the consumer and the customer into everything we do. It's seeing our brands through their eyes. Bias for action:
This is action-driven leadership: "This is what I will do." It's speed and sense of urgency in making decisions. But it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. Also it's not wasting time on bureaucracy — it’s output that counts. And it’s simplifying my agenda, carefully choosing priorities — and not taking on too much. Accountability and Responsibility:
This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise. Building Talent and Teams:
This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part, and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.