Every day at Oracle we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo through the delivery of innovative cloud, infrastructure and data solutions. The things we do at Oracle have never been done before and it has a tremendous impact on millions of people across the globe. Oracle continues to push the boundaries of technology and passionately believes that modern cloud computing technology helps businesses realize and capitalize on new opportunities as well as innovate faster.
Oracle's Cloud Performance (PSR) team insures that these products achieve the highest level of Performance, Scalability and Reliability. The Cloud Performance (PSR) Team is an elite engineering group in-charge of latest Oracle cloud products in IaaS / PaaS, Fusion Middleware and Fusion Application performance charter. The PSR Engineering team is engaged in a wide range of development, performance optimizations and measurement activities across all aspects of the software development life cycle in order to exceed our customers' expectations and drive our customer's success.
As a Consulting Member of Technical Staff
with the Oracle Cloud Performance team, you will be a leading contributor in improving performance of Oracle's latest Cloud Services Technologies. You will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems. If you have a passion for improving and creating high performance software products, this is the place where you can make a difference.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
(Multiple Position Open with various skill sets)
* 10 years of software engineering or related experience
* Knowledge of Cloud Technologies - Docker, Virtualization (Xen), Elastic Computing, Networking and Linux, GPU
* Strong Architectural concepts around Cloud Computing and base software Development
* Strong Java / J2EE, Python, Scripting experience
* Experience with Distributed Services Oriented Architecture
* Experience with load testing tools, profiling tools and regression testing.
* Experience with Latest Open Source Cloud Technologies - Big Data (Spark, Hadoop), Cassandra, Mesos, Kubernetes, Kafka NoSql, Docker, etc.
* MS or BS in Engineering or computer Science
* Additional Openings for Competitive benchmarking - Execute, Analyze and Present Competitive Data for Cloud Platform and Services to Exec Management.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
- Work closely with Development Leads/Architects on designing/implementing code optimizations.
- Perform in-depth analysis of performance issues to identify hotspot and opportunities for optimization
- Provide technical consulting and mentoring to team members on optimization techniques, new algorithm design, implementation and conformance to architecture standards
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.