Come join Oracle and help us build the next generation of advanced services for the world's most popular database! We are hiring a team of talented and creative professionals to help us build out our monitoring, management, and provisioning tools for our customer's private database cloud environments. Our web application will utilize the latest technologies to provide a cutting edge, desktop-like user experience in the browser!
For this position, we are seeking a Performance Engineer to join our growing team in the United States.
* Profile all aspects of application to identify bottlenecks and evaluate solutions/tuning for better performance
* Analyze collected metrics, heap-dumps, thread-dumps and recognize possible problems
* Identify critical sections of the code and develop respective stress-tests
* Work with architects, engineering to build performance testing strategy
* Automate end-to-end performance tests for continuous integration
* Contribute to design and code review from a performance and security perspective
* Propose and evaluate changes to the deployment architecture to improve performance, scalability, and/or manageability
* Evaluate and recommend approaches for enabling runtime performance analytics within production applications
* Expert programmer in Java
* Thorough understanding of Java EE architecture, Web Applications/Technologies, Ajax
* Hands-on experience with monitoring tools(VisualVM, YourKit,..)
* Hands-on experience with load-generation tools(JMeter, Firebug,...)
* Good understanding Memory Management, Java Memory Model, Garbage collectors
* Able to analyze heap-dumps, thread-dumps for possible problems
* Understanding of Linux tools/utilities for process and performance monitoring
* Experience with Weblogic, GlassFish, Apache, Oracle DB
* Programming Shell/Bash scripting and/or scripting-languages like Perl/Python desirable
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Have spent time as part of an agile development team (preferably Scrum)
* 8 years of industry experience
* BS/MS in computer science or related field
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.