This role is specifically designed for Performance Test Engineers that have become experts in their field. They must have the capability and maturity to break down large complex solutions and formulate a solid performance test design to ensure they are effectively performance tested. Experience leading a team or teams of performance test engineers leveraging HP Performance Center / HP LoadRunner is required.
They interact with all members of the project team including architects, business analysts, system analysts and project managers and contribute to the planning, execution, analysis, and tuning efforts to deliver high-performing end to end applications. Primary role is to provide architecture thought process and application design and development guidance that ensures scalability and minimizes performance issues. Contribute to all aspects of the delivery lifecycle: Performance test prototyping, capacity modeling and projections, performance driven design, application profiling and base-lining, performance testing, load testing, stress testing and troubleshooting. They also work with the development team and/or vendors to successfully integrate performance testing. They are involved in all phases of the solutions development lifecycle. (From defining high-level estimates in the planning stages to post-mortem meetings at the end of projects). Experience in executing large-scale performance tests is a must. (5,000 Concurrent users, Multi-Site).
They work closely with the Performance Test Manager to develop and implement a quality maturity roadmap and plan testing for performance testing. Other responsibilities include performing the design, development, execution and reporting efforts for projects within one or more software development frameworks. These professionals communicate testing results and provide recommendations based on issues discovered. They also monitor, evaluate and make recommendations on testing tasks within enterprise-wide processes such as change and release management. Members of this role need to have an understanding of programming languages, solution development life cycles, testing tools, test automation, and a strong knowledge of quality management.
Individuals in this role will provide technical leadership and strategic direction. They will be the foremost technical authority, responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across performance based requirements. This role works on multiple projects as a technical leader or advisor and will work on projects that have enterprise-wide impact, integrates across the organization and involves multiple technical environments and disciplines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Helps formulate and develop effective performance test architecture based on organizational needs.
• Leads teams to support testing strategies and activities.
• Ensures overall integrity of the performance testing strategy.
• Develops cost/time estimates.
• Supports the prioritization of requirements and matches resources with requirements.
• Assists managers in keeping the team aligned to the correct priorities and goals.
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with all constituents involved in product development and release.
• Owns the Master Performance Test Plan Template, which is the blueprint for all performance test projects in the organization.
• Evaluates testability of business and technical requirements and reports to project team member's changes or additional information needed in requirements.
• Consults/advises team members during test planning workshops, test readiness reviews, and test results reviews.
• Participates in architecture and technical specification review and provides feedback on content and testability.
• Performs impact analysis on the change to existing architecture, work processes and systems
• Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication/review of requirements and integration.
• Spearheads design/development/usage of performance testing frameworks and technologies.
• Leads and guides the design, development of reusable components.
• Mentors other test engineers on test plan, test scripts, and C-based coding.
• Reviews test plans and test cases developed by other test engineers.
• Provides assistance to internal and external auditors in compliance reviews.
• Executes test scripts/cases and monitors testing results.
• Monitors environments establishing thresholds and alerts.
• Provides root cause analysis around defects to communicate in review meetings to determine remediation status.
• Informs project stakeholders of execution completion and status results.
• Consults on test execution as needed.
• Works with the delivery organization to identify and resolve process problems when desired service outcomes are not being met.
• Seeks to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation.
• Provides end-to-end delivery support for testing engagements.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of all documentation for assigned work products.
• Analyzes current testing processes and practices and suggests/drives improvements.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations on testing tasks within enterprise-wide processes, such as change and release management.
• Creates standard operating procedures and metrics based on best practices for the testing team.
• Monitors and analyzes testing process metrics for continuous improvement.
• Ensures that testing processes are followed.
• Demonstrates technical leadership and provides mentoring to team members.
• Recommends training programs targeting specific areas of improvement.
• Mentors and coaches team members in non-technical areas, such as communication, collaboration and teamwork.
• Leads the evaluation of future technologies and makes recommendations for service, software and hardware upgrades.
• Influences technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
• Reviews and provides feedback on vendor proposals for new service, hardware and software.
• Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status.
• Participates in lessons learned sessions.
• Use of cloud-based technologies (Azure, Amazon, etc.) for Load Generation a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 10 or more years of related information technology work experience. Typically requires minimum of 7 or more years of quality assurance experience. Multiple Software Testing Assurance Certification from an accredited institution (i.e. AS2, QAI, ISTQB, HP etc.) preferred. Expertise with the operational usage of HP Performance Center or LoadRunner. Advanced/expert level of knowledge on performance testing concepts, methodologies and processes. Expert understanding of script execution and reporting. Expert level of understanding technical / performance architecture for test requirement. Software analysis and design experience. Expert test code troubleshooting, debugging and refactoring. Good knowledge and coding skills in Java, C, C#, .Net. Certification for coding languages preferred. Exposure to Agile delivery, Salesforce and SAP platforms a plus. Exposure to APM tools, specifically CA - Wiley a plus. Experience with performance testing REST services a plus. Performance testing mobile devices and mobile-geared solutions a plus. Experience with CA UIM monitoring and HP SiteScope a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to interpret policy based on facts and recommend proper course of action when situation demands.
• Demonstrated experience documenting and executing testing policies and standards
• Strong knowledge of relevant technology, tools and software; SDLC, Desktop services, TFS, HP Performance Center / LoadRunner
• Expert in the following Performance Center Protocols (HTTP/ HTML, CITRIX, TrueClient)
• Experienced in the following Performance Center Protocols (.Net, Silverlight, SAPWeb, WebServices)
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to resolve enterprise level project issues effectively and efficiently
• Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate to leadership (Directors and VPs)
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.