The Perioperative Services Technician
performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment. Essential Job Functions
1. Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
2. Assists OR team in the setup of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks, and related peripheral supplies.
3. Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use and ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
4. Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
5. Provides support services to staff, including running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
6. Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- Previous PCA, nurse's aide, or orderly experience in a healthcare setting.(preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom