At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Permit Specialist that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Permit Specialist, you will be delivering and picking up building permits from municipalities as well as general office duties. In this role, you will report directly to an Office Administrator within the Field Operations group.
- Run reports to ensure that all available permits are in the appropriate status and step in the approval process
- Compile permit packet with correct information for each city
- Drive personal vehicle to cities in assigned territories to drop off and pick up building permits
- Communicate with City Officials to obtain permit approvals
- Communicate with internal Vivint Solar departments in regards to account status and approvals
- Scan received permits and update the account information in Salesforce and Google Docs
- File paperwork
- Maintain current information on permitting requirements within assigned territories
- General customer support as needed
- Perform other general clerical duties as directed by office management
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to web based programs and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- 1 to 2 years of experience working in a fast paced administrative environment
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.