Posted: February 12, 2018
Reference ID: 1082816
Business Applications Domain
Microsoft’s Business Applications Domain helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics solutions and the full portfolio of Microsoft Products through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies. The Microsoft Business Applications Domain is part of a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential through software and services.
Are you a motivated individual who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment? Are you passionate about working with customers and solving complex situations? Do you enjoy the thought of providing proactive services to customers to improve the overall health of their Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition (D365FAO,EE) implementations? If so, the Premier Field Engineering team is looking for you to join their team as a Dynamics 365 Premier Field Engineer.
Premier Field Engineering (PFE) is part of Microsoft’s Services Organisation. PFE provide various services to our biggest and most complex Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments. We work with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices. To avoid critical situations, PFE provides proactive assessments and knowledge transfer.
Premier Field Engineering (PFE) delivers onsite and dedicated services for Microsoft’s Premier customers in EMEA.
• Onsite proactive and reactive services to our Premier and Premier Mission Critical (PMC) customers such as Performance and Code Review
• Short term engagements through Onsite Support and proactive engagements (workshops & risk assessments)
• Long term engagements with Dedicated Support Engineering to assist Customer's Roll Out strategy as main trusted technology advisor
• Ideal candidate should be experienced in implementing, operating, tuning and troubleshooting D365FAO,EE systems, ideally in multiple industries.
• Excellent architectural knowledge of D365FAO,EE and Dynamics AX 2012 R3 (note: Dynamics AX 2009, AX 2012/2012 R2 is optional)
• Development (X++) and/or Application Lifecycle Management experience preferred
• Excellent knowledge of the entire Microsoft Azure stack
• Advanced D365FAO,EE Performance Troubleshooting experience (TraceParser, LCS Telemetry,
• Performance monitoring, Query Store, SQL Extended Events)
• Microsoft accreditation in Dynamics AX, SQL and/ or Azure preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services
The following areas may also be beneficial:
• Debugging skills (ability to troubleshoot issue using debugger)
• Good understanding of Surestep Methodology.
• Development experience in .NET languages (C#)
• Knowledge of Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing
• Experience in the Azure integration stack preferred
Competent in the following areas:
• Experience in the enterprise customer arena
• Face-to-face customer engagement skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Troubleshooting knowledge & skills
• Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management
We need individuals that:
• Possess deep technical expertise in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
• Set an example of excellence as a Microsoft representative, enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships, gain trust and respect for the company. Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills.
• Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group (Support, Product Group) as well as our customer account teams.
• Communicate at various levels from CIO to the technical staff on the ground.