Are you ready to seize an opportunity to drive leading edge technology solutions with the customer? Do you value deploying the latest solutions into production with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards digital organizations? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? If so, the SCOM PFE position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
This position requires U.S. Citizenship with a security clearance. At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in services delivery with complex projects or environments. Experience in this role will provide great opportunities to interact with pre-release versions, collaborate with product development teams and improve future versions of Microsoft products as a subject matter expert. Together, we can help billions of people around the globe using digital technology to achieve amazing things.
Our SCOM PFE works with the latest technologies to design solutions and help our customers define a solution by mapping a customer & business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. We apply both broad and deep technology industry knowledge. As part of our team, you will deliver technical solutions to customers around the world. You will play a key role in allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology.
To be successful, you will take advantage of our System Center community, share solutions, have early access to technology and be part of something bigger, making the planet and our future resilient. You will provide technical leadership for other PFE teams and engage in the complete lifecycle of large SCOM projects. Your key to success is your passion for customers, demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience: understanding SCOM Infrastructure, designing and developing SCOM solutions, and delivering through high quality engagements.
As a SCOM PFE, you will:
- Be part of a thriving System Center practice that is constantly looking for ways to improve our experience.
- Work with customers to identify business requirements
- Create functional requirement documents and functional designs
- Craft high-level and detailed design documents and implement innovative solutions using the most recent technologies and to continually learn and grow professionally.
- Take a leadership role on projects
- Mentor others to share your knowledge and experience.
- At least 3 years of SCOM, deployment Implementation experience.
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
- Deep technical and architectural knowledge of at least 3 of the following SCOM technologies: Conduct discussions related to SCOM design, test, deployment and O&M, Patching Architecture and Implementation, SQL configuration and clustering, Product Lifecycle Management and Governance, working knowledge of Power Shell scripting and automation.
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent work experience combined with a relevant industry experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and customers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- The ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements.
- The ability to lead and motivate technical communities, ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change.
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services. Join us as System Center PFE and be one who empowers billions!
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship Active U.S. Government Security Clearance The position will require you to travel to customer site(s).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.