Are you looking to grow your career within Technology and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income operations and systems team is seeking a Development Director responsible for providing Technology support to the fixed income business.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Technology team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of PGIM; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
The Development Director within Prudential Fixed Income is responsible for the management of a team of developers and business analysts dedicated to front office application and quantitative modeling team. Those responsibilities include systems design, development and maintenance across multiple applications, databases and platforms.
· Lead team dedicated to supporting front office technology
· Attract, retain and develop talent to support the fixed income business
· Consult with senior management in the analysis and execution of business plans
· Partner with IT vendors to influence product roadmaps to provide Pru with competitive advantage using best practices and trends
· Maintain relationships with other business partners, vendors and professional organizations
· Allocate and coordinate resources and handle staff related issues.
· Support staff in solving problems and incorporating new processes and technology to support the business
· Maintain a well-controlled and resilient technology environment, including the identification and management of IT risks in coordination with company policies and IT governance standards
• 10 years' experience as a Project Manager in Fixed Income Asset application delivery technology supporting Fixed Income required
• Knowledge of Fixed Income analytics required.
• Experience with Agile software lifecycle, test driven development and continuous integration
• 2 years' experience with Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases is preferred
• Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree or CFA a plus
• Demonstrated experience managing an application development team
• Experience designing and building proprietary front office applications
• In depth knowledge and experience with Fixed Income instruments, including derivatives, foreign exchange, MBS, structured securities and syndicated bank loans.
• Knowledge of fixed income broad market and sector specific portfolio strategies
• Strong diagnostic, analytic and problem solving skills
• Proven program management and change management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior management on strategic initiatives and on-going business support
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills
• Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.