Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Senior Associate, Bank Loan Settlements which is responsible for providing operations support to the Trade Support business. Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Operations team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
The Associate will be responsible for the support of all settlement activities as they relate to USD Bank Loans as well as assist where needed with any non-USD bank loans. This includes data integrity, trade communications/settlements, and requires frequent communication with Trustee’s, Agent Banks, Legal, Compliance and Portfolio Management Job responsibilities include:
- Support all settlement activities as they relate to US and Non-USD Bank Loan settlements
- Help staff solve problems and incorporate new processes to mitigate risks
- Being the primary on-site operations point of contact.
- Having a strong knowledge of Bank Loan products.
- Understanding industry initiatives including implementation (i.e. documentation, industry standards, etc.)
- Researching and resolving security data discrepancies
- Assuming ownership for any operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to other operational areas.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the Bank Loan product and take action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Proactively communicating issues to relevant business partners
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge of Bank Loan products and/or other fixed income products and investment strategies. (2-4 yrs)
- Willingness and desire to learn and teach others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheets, portfolio management tools and mainframe applications.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.