Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Senior Investment Operations Associate which is responsible for providing operations support to the Portfolio Administration business. Who are We?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Operations team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
The Portfolio Administration group is responsible for providing operational support to the Prudential Investment Management Fixed Income business. This includes but not limited to daily cash and asset reconciliations as well as open dialogue with the portfolio managers and relevant internal and external business partners. Job responsibilities include:
- Reconciling cash on a daily basis between our internal systems; PAM and Aladdin with the Custody bank for each fund.
- Reconciling holdings on a monthly basis between our internal systems; PAM and Aladdin with the Accounting Agent or Custodian for each fund.
- Reconciling Net Asset Values on a monthly basis between our internal systems; PAM and Aladdin with the accounts official NAV source.
- Independently researching and resolving cash and asset related discrepancies.
- Proactively communicating issues to relevant business partners.
- Assuming ownership for operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to other operational areas.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the funds and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Developing an understanding of Fixed Income products in order to increase service levels.
- Experience in writing operational procedures
- Training new members within the unit.
- Some knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley / Audit controls, a plus
* Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods.Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and derivatives.
- Prior experience accounting or custody operations.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to be organized, flexible, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.