Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Product Support Analyst which is responsible for providing operational support to the Trade & Custody Services Group. Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work. Overview:
An Analyst in Confirmation and Settlement Operations is responsible for providing operational support and production oversight to the PGIM Fixed Income business for Bond and MBS products. This includes providing support for trade confirmation and settlements functions as well as maintaining an open dialogue with Investment Teams, Custodian Banks and Broker Dealers. Job responsibilities may include:
- Daily support and oversight of bond confirmation/settlement processes
- Analyzing data received from custodian and data vendor
- Maintaining and assisting with onboarding/client request for information
- Researching/resolving confirmation discrepancies and fails
- Gathering and/or analyzing key metrics with regards to activity
- B eing the primary operations point of contact for bond / mbs related matters
- Assist peers in solving problems and incorporate new processes to mitigate risks
- Assist in developing departmental policies, guidelines and procedures
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of all bond products and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported
- Communicating operational support changes and initiatives to all impacted areas of PGIM
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes
- Bond confirmation and settlements experience required (3 plus yrs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Skills in: Excel, V-LookUp, Pivot Tables, Macro building a plus
- Experience with industry platforms (Omgeo Oasys, CTM, Tradesuite) preferred
- Strong knowledge of bond and / or mbs products, or other fixed income products and investment strategies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to support small to mid-size projects
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Solid understanding of application of business risk & operational controls
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
* Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer's Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates", any candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including an extensive background screening and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods.