Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Product Support Analyst which is responsible for providing operational support to the Trade & Custody Services Group. Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
This is a Product Support position within the Fixed Income Global Trade and Custody Services Group. The Product Support Associate is responsible for:
- Providing on-site trade floor operational support to the Prudential Investment Management Fixed Income business.
- Serve as the primary liaison and communication conduit between the portfolio management team and the operations team.
- Be knowledgeable in operational support requirements, fixed income products, fixed income markets and investment strategies.
- Understand the operational impact of trade desk activities and can anticipate issues and take action to reduce them.
- Facilitating the trade flow process by ensuring trades are entered to the trading systems in a timely fashion, providing timely resolution to operational issues raised by the portfolio management team, monitoring daily reports and cash flows to alert portfolio management team of significant or extraordinary events, assisting in gathering investment data as needed, confirming trades and answering phones as required to handle issues impacting the trading desk.
Individuals in this position would typically have one to three years of proven experience in operations or related trade support function. The person in this position could provide training and direction to more junior members of the group, but would not, however, have administrative responsibilities over staff or processes. Qualifications: Education
- A BA/BS in appropriate discipline preferred, and/or 3-5 years of proven experience in operations or related trade support function.
- Ability to ask probing questions
- Solve more complex problems with some guidance from management
- Displays good judgment in difficult situations
- Courage to escalate issues, if unresolved to management
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to professional ethics and environment
Drive for Results
- Role model that inspires others to strive for better performance
- Assist coworkers in their learning and development
- Consistently motivated and inspired to do the job
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Works well under pressure and meets scheduled deliverable dates
- Ability to improve established processes related to job responsibilities; leverage technology
- Proactive and requires little guidance from supervisor on daily job responsibilities
- Identifies areas of personal development
- Demonstrated desire to expand knowledge beyond work unit
- Solid working knowledge of one or more fixed income asset types
- Ability to represent unit to internal and external partners
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as carry out individual tasks
- Fosters relationships with other functional units
Additional Skills (business knowledge)
- Strong Customer Focus; awareness of key client relationships
- General understanding of relationship between work unit objectives and organizational goals and objectives
- Serves as a resource to others
- Solid understanding of how to escalate issues to management; ie chain of command
- Solid understanding of business risk, operational controls and quality control measures; Discipline to enforce controls, including segregation of functions between functional units
- Solid understanding of MS Office applications and business applications
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- Adherence to company policies such as overtime, timeliness, attendance, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of operational procedures and workflows
- Willingness to assume ownership for, and follow-through till completion on, all operational issues
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.