Are you looking to grow your career within information technology and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income systems team is seeking a Senior Java/Hadoop Developer which is responsible for providing technical support to the fixed income business.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Systems team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
PGIM Fixed Income is looking for a Senior Java Developer whose primary responsibility will be enhancing and supporting internally developed applications. The candidate will be part of a team that works with Business Analysts, Investment Professionals, Operations, Quality Assurance Testers and other System Professionals. The candidate will also be responsible for trouble shooting and resolving support issues for the Fixed Income supported systems.
The qualified candidate must:
• Analyze business requirements then design and develop applications to support them
• Understand and follow the complete software development life cycle methodology
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and co-workers
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Possess the ability to associate past experience with current events in order to resolve problems or generate new ideas
• Develop and execute test scenarios to ensure the stability and performance of applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working with Java/J2EE, Spring MVC framework, HTML, Linux/Unix, Shell Scripting, and RDBMS
• Experience with architecture, design, and development of Big Data and Data Marts utilizing Hadoop and/or in-memory databases such as MongoDB is desired
• Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Agile/Scrum development methodology and DevOps is a plus
• Desire to learn the Fixed income Business
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.