Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income team is seeking an Investment Operations Specialist to support our Collateralized Loan Obligations & Business Management team. Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Job responsibilities include:
- Being the primary on-site business management point of contact for activities for each of the CLO’s supported by the CLO Product Management Team.
- Having knowledge of CLO support and bank loans.
- Reconciling holdings on a monthly basis between our internal record keeping system, CLO record keeping system and the Trustee for each deal.
- Ensure that security data is up to date in our internal CLO record keeping system.
- Working with the Trustees of each deal to verify the information in the Monthly Trustee Report that is provided to clients.
- Calculating and verifying quarterly distribution payments made the Dryden CLO investors.
- Performing Hypothetical Trade Tests and verifying the results with the Trustees on a day to day basis.
- Assuming ownership for business support issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that is seamless regardless of which support areas are impacted.
- Quickly learn current processes by leveraging the tools available to help identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Developing an understanding of the fixed income trading business and using that knowledge in order to increase service levels.
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience.
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and derivatives preferred
- Willingness and desire to learn and teach others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.