This Post-Doc / Internship position is available in the Computational Modeling Center located at Air Products' Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania and will focus on project work involving chemical process system modeling and optimization. The incumbent is responsible for developing, conducting and participating in technical studies involving dynamic simulation and optimization of complex chemical processes.
This assignment is 11 weeks in length.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ph.D. graduate student in Chemical Engineering with background in nonlinear systems and computational modeling techniques.
• The incumbent must have strong aptitude in developing the mathematical abstraction of a dynamic, complex chemical process.
• The incumbent must have strong knowledge of the state-of-the-art methods in nonlinear optimization and simulation.
• Strong programming skills (Python or other scripting languages) with strong proficiency in Optimization software such as GAMS.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products web site - Careers page. Click on the link - Search job openings from the left navigation list. You can apply specifically to Job Req #18767BR.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for a phone screen or interview will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.