Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pharmaceutical Operator (Manufacturing) - 2nd Shift, are to:
Who you are
- Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety procedures, workplace standards and company guidelines, and ergonomic rules, including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), standard operating procedures (SOPs) applying to a particular process or area, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, Lockout Tagout;
- Work with the other pharmaceutical operators and supervisors in assigned area to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Meet the production schedules outlined by team and/or Supervision;
- Maintain, clean, and organize work area and participate in safety improvement projects. Properly dispose of waste product and containers;
- Dispense components, operate, clean, set-up, changeover and maintain equipment and rooms to manufacture products. Clean and maintain process equipment which may include, but not limited to tanks, filler, pumps, blenders, mills, presses, coating pans, etc.;
- Assist with technical troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed and trained. Take action to safely reduce equipment setup and changeover times; Initiate and establish equipment operating parameters to maximize production, while meeting all product specifications;
- Ensure product quality by performing in-process checks, complying with cGMPs, being alert for unacceptable quality of incoming and outgoing materials, initiating quality improvements, and participating on quality improvement projects. Communicate quality and other non-compliance issues to supervision in a timely manner;
- Accurately record on the appropriate documents the process/manufacturing steps, production results, equipment in-process checks, samplings, cleanings, ingredients used, and any other required cGMP information. Maintain daily production sheets and time sheets for team;
- Review and approve work output for team members by using validated methods;
- Perform work, on personal computer (i.e., Business Operating Systems, read and respond to electronic mail in a timely manner, Microsoft Software, etc.). Complete, maintain, and update production documentation (both electronic and paper) to perform material movements, material take-outs and yield determinations by following SOPs and utilizing systems as required such as Systems/Applications/Products (SAP), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Electronic Batch Records (EBRs), etc.;
- Operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment for assigned stocking operations as well as stand up and sit down fork trucks as needed;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance competencies such as technical skills, communication skills, and skills to build a team-oriented culture (i.e. take ownership of training records for self-development and submit to supervision in timely manner, training team members, motivating and supporting team members, sharing knowledge to continuously improve the process, etc.);
- Cross train and train other pharmaceutical operators on equipment and processes as needed;
- Inform department Administrative Assistant when to order supplies as needed;
- Coordinate the utilization of outside contractors and vendors as needed;
- Participate in on-going medical surveillance programs as required;
- Perform other duties as trained and assigned.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- At least six (6) months experience using motorized & non-motorized material handling equipment required;
- At least six (6) months experience using automated inventory system is required or equivalent computer systems (i.e., SAP, MES, Microsoft Software, etc.);
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English required;
- Must be physically able to operate a forklift truck; forklift truck experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to successfully changeover/set up multiple pieces of packaging or manufacturing equipment and troubleshooting skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret/follow instructions in regard to workplace documentation, such as SOP's, Operator Manuals, Work Instructions, etc.;
- Must be able to demonstrate a good mathematical aptitude in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, & metric system;
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or standard operating procedures (SOP) environment required;
- Good PC Skills, including use of e-mail, attaching documents to e-mail required. Previous experience using electronic databases and on-line tools required (i.e., but not limited to, Lotus Notes database, Employee Self-Services on-line tools, automated inventory tracking system, etc.);
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, based on production demands.
- Manufacturing experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.