Alaska Regional Hospital consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. To achieve this level of high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians, to clinical specialists, and support staff. Anchorage is a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to have fun. Alaska boasts some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world and draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle that includes performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining only minutes from the great outdoors. You can enjoy golfing under the midnight sun, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and other popular outdoor activities a short distance from home.
Following physicians' orders, the Pharmacist compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
- BS or Pharm.D degree.
- State licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom