TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, a 650 bed community tertiary care center located in Nashville, TN, is seeking a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist for Medical Oncology and Oncology Research. The specialist will also provide services to Bone Marrow Transplant patients. Sarah Cannon Cancer Center is comprised of 25 Hematology/BMT beds, 67 medical and surgical oncology beds and is growing with construction of a new BMT Outpatient Clinic and Oncology Pharmacy Satellite underway. The current oncology pharmacy team includes 2 Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Specialists, 1 Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Specialist, 3 operational chemotherapy pharmacists, and 3 chemotherapy certified technicians.
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist responsibilities:
• Design/write chemotherapy regimens
• Provide patient and staff education
• Provide clinical services and drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and other pharmacists
• Completes pharmacy consults/clinical interventions, stewardship of appropriate utilization of medications, integrated operational support, and departmental leadership as required by the position
• Work closely with multidisciplinary team
• Assists in the training, education, and professional development of pharmacists, residents, students, technicians, nurses and medical staff
• Serve as a preceptor for both PGY1 and PGY2 residents, participate in resident projects, medication use evaluations, and teaching opportunities such as topic discussions and journal clubs.
• Develops appropriate, safe, and cost-effective drug therapy protocol and policies
• Assists in medication formulary management and compliance
• Serves as the oncology research pharmacist and trains pharmacy staff in preparation and dispensing of investigational drugs
• Participates in the Research Advisory Committee at TCMC and reviews investigational drug protocols to assure feasibility and compliance with HCA policies and procedures and Federal, state, and local human subject protection regulations.
• Performs other duties as assignedQualifications: Qualifications:
- PGY-2 Oncology preferred and/or 4 years of equivalent experience
- Active Tennessee pharmacist license in good standing
- Will obtain and maintain certification in related area of specialty within 2 years, if not already certified
- Will obtain and maintain BLS and ACLS certification within 1 year
- Interpersonal skills and emphatic communication abilities to successfully interact with patients, physicians, and other healthcare professionals
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom