Position Summary:What We DoOmnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com What We Do Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the continuation of the goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. The pharmacist provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely.
In this role you will
Required Qualifications:You will need
- Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas, and deadlines.
- Ensure that the site is in compliance with all local, state, federal, third party, and contract rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy.
- Assist in ensuring that the pharmacy meets compliance expectations for DEA policies and procedures as set forth by Omnicare or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter.
- Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
- Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill orders. You will ensure accuracy and content of all drug packaging and labeling is correct.
- Preparation and/or supervision of all sterile IV drug products or solutions.
- Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
- Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled on-call rotation and as required by management.
- Workflow grid is cleared daily
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate in Pharmacy
- Current Pharmacist license, in good standing, in the state of Missouri
- Previous experience in a long term care pharmacy setting
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctorate in Pharmacy
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/