Job DescriptionWhat We Do
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com What We Do Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Position Summary As an IV Pharmacist for Omnicare Pharmacy, a CVS Health Company, you will work in an exciting and dynamic environment, providing consistent and ongoing monitoring of all infusion patients. As part of the Infusion Pharmacy team, you will fully assess patients to determine appropriateness of therapy, high risk medications, allergies, and other indications or interactions. In this high impact position, you will collaborate with internal departments to deliver excellent care coordination with home health agencies, nursing facilities and physicians.
In this role you will
Required QualificationsYou will need
- Ensure compliance with all pharmacy laws and regulations, and sterile compounding guidelines.
- Maintain all required IV documentation and clinical monitoring.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of prescriber/facility notification process for drug interaction, allergy, and other adverse patient safety situations.
- Perform accurate dose calculations based on medication, patient condition, volume and administration rates. Program infusion pumps.
- Demonstrate thorough competency of medication occurrence reporting process.
- Have a deep understanding of the Omnicare Long Term Care Pharmacy/Home Infusion
- Pharmacy Policy and Procedure Manual and internal pharmacy policies and procedures.
- IV order processing only when technical support unavailable.
- Answer drug-related questions as related to IV therapy and management in a timely manner.
- Communicate with facility consultant pharmacists and clinical staff pharmacists regarding IV patient management.
- Orient and provide competency assessment for all pharmacists who rotate from oral pharmacy to IV pharmacy and orient and assess competency on all IV technicians and infusion pump technicians, when appropriate; this includes making certain that all pharmacists and technicians rotating into the IV room have completed the approved Omnicare Infusion Training Program.
- Excellent understanding of the GCPG, formulary initiatives, and Omnicare clinical programs.
- Review consultant customer action request reports and other reports for facilities at which IV therapy is provided.
- Maintain a current knowledge of infusion drugs and therapies and aseptic technique, as well as infusion devices, products, and supplies.
- Attend continuing education seminars and annual meetings as provided to maintain clinical pharmacy skills.
- On-call duties as required.
- Varied shift
Preferred QualificationsYou have
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Current California Pharmacist license required.
- Successful completion of the Omnicare Infusion Pharmacist Training Program
- Management experience preferred.
- IV experience preferred.
- Bacelors of Science in Pharmacy or higher
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/