What We Do
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com What We Do Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the pharmacy team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful Pharmacists demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as a good sense of urgency. The contributions you will make as a Pharmacist will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS/pharmacy stores. Join the company helping people on their path to better health!
- Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
- Verify orders entered by technician staff for accuracy.
- Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
- Preparation and/or supervision of sterile IV drug products or solutions, if required.
- Assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs. Knowledge of DEA and state law with regards to controlled drug dispensing.
- Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled rotation and as required by management.
- Follow all applicable state and government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
You will need
Preferred Qualifications:You have
- Bacelor of Science in Pharmacy or higher
- Current California license to practice pharmacy in good standing required
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge about long term care regulations (OBRA, OSHA, state laws and other federal laws) that have an impact upon both pharmacy and Center operations preferred.
- Previous experience working with Docutrack and/or Framework system preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/