• Following physicians' orders compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
• Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding medications.
• Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
• Assists in the supervision of pharmacy technician personnel.
• Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
• Assists with quality improvement initiatives.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
BS or Pharm.D degree.
Current State licensure as a Pharmacist.
Participate with Code Teams as assigned.
Must obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom