• Following physicians' orders compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
• Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding medications.
• Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
• Assists in the supervision of pharmacy technician personnel.
• Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
• Assists with quality improvement initiatives.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
BS or Pharm.D degree.
Current State licensure as a Pharmacist.
Participate with Code Teams as assigned.
Must obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain AHA BLS and ACLS certification.