Under general direction of the Director of Business Coaching, the Pharmacy Business Coach works to build a strong advisor/consultant relationship with their independent pharmacy customers. Helps the owner diagnose and address specific financial operational or strategic problems that exist in the pharmacy while providing the necessary tools education and support to maintain a healthy business. This role requires extensive travel including overnight travel (2-3 overnights per week) in the defined territory covering all of Georgia and South Carolina. The incumbent will ideally live in the greater Atlanta, GA area.
- Addresses existing problems within basic pharmacy functional areas to identify potential areas of weakness within the operation.
- Acts as an instructor and subject matter expert to provide advice guidance and feedback on store operations and business strategy.
- Drives solution selling by mapping opportunities to specific needs and driving acceptance of recommendations by diagnosing the problems and supporting the implementation of targeted solutions.
- Guides in-store implementations and works with the correlating ACM to introduce new platform elements and determine appropriate customers for various Retail Optimiz initiatives.
- Executes complex processes and interacts in client-facing situations by identifying appropriate leverage points in each pharmacy to determine total commitment to the customer.
- Works directly with a central data analysis group to drive opportunity deployment by gathering and validating data with various customers.
- Prepares format and distributes necessary reports by compiling pharmacy data and assisting in the creation of an information backbone.
- Manages all aspects of the programs to communicate information instructions and goals.
- Develops new concepts implements details and is constantly aware of competitive activity.
- Works closely with the central data analysis group to review market analyses and determine customer needs through various profiles and segment pharmacies.
- Represents programs at meetings in order to promote their role in the Company structure contributing to attainment of program goals.
- Provides feedback to the Vice President Business Coaching to communicate industry intelligence and specific recommendations to manage individual programs policies products and prices needed to meet corporate objectives.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of program costs to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program;
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years industry (healthcare) experience and/or directly related (independent retail pharmacy) and progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with multi-source vendors
- Proven successful business tactics; credible image in the industry; good marketing skills
- Ability to forecast set goals and train others
- Knowledge of product and customer service standards
- Understanding of value and profit
- Creative focused and disciplined
- Good understanding of programs
- Project and budget knowledge
- Advanced analytical skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.