We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make AmerisourceBergen so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. We have are currently seeking Pharmacy Care Coordinators
. This role will act as the patient's advocate to ensure that the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and also meet the medical, social and personal needs of the patient. Assists the patient by coordinating their prescribed pharmacy care with the patient's health care providers, payers, and other health related resources to ensure successful drug therapy outcomes and demonstrate value to patients, healthcare providers and payers.
US Bioservices has managed specialty pharmaceuticals since its inception in 1994. We use a national approach that recognizes the differences in regional care. We coordinate pharmacy, nursing and benefits so that the patient and the physician have fewer administrative concerns and can focus on achieving the outcomes they desire. The therapeutic expertise of US Bioservices enables us to customize solutions that effectively meet the unique challenges faced in today's healthcare environment. Hours: Monday - Friday - 10:00am - 7:00pm Position Responsibilities:
- Answers and resolves patient inquiries within committed time frames.
- Understands the physical, psychological and social challenges of specific disease states and assists the patient with drug therapy and pharmacy care issues.
- Promotes drug compliance.
- Reports all adverse events related to drug therapy and pharmacy care.
- Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships with physician practices to streamline communication to the patient, payers, pharmacist, nurse, lab and other healthcare related parties.
- Participates in administration of patient's pharmacy care plan.
- Troubleshoots and resolves patient and payer issues in a timely fashion.
- Works in a team-structured environment to provide support to other members of the healthcare team.
- Embraces a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by pro-actively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
- Maintains current notes and documentation related to patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan; flags issues that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Actively participates in discussions with pharmacists, nursing services, pharmacy support manager and other pharmacy care coordinators to review cases and related drug therapy and pharmacy care plan issues.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Compensation for this position includes base salary plus bonus, depending on company financial results and individual performance. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates. Some of our benefits include:
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid sick time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Retirement benefits
We take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.Qualifications: Qualifications:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires two (2) years of experience in a healthcare related call center environment, specialty pharmacy, physician's office or social service environment.
- Strong customer service skills, time management, organizational skills, initiative, professional demeanor and positive attitude
- A strong knowledge of medications/drugs. Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Attention to detail, quick study, self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to promote a positive team environment
- A champion for excellence, efficiency and quality
- Ability to collaborate with other professionals within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.