•4 years pharmaceutical sales, marketing or related experience
•Ability to travel as required (<25>
• 2 years in healthcare marketing
•Solid understanding of the pharmacy customer's practice and needs
• US Vaccines marketing and/or sales experience
• Knowledge of vaccines, US market dynamics and characteristics
• Knowledge of U.S. healthcare system, marketing channels and drivers
•Demonstrated leadership experience. Willingness to challenge the status quo and take end to end ownership of proposed solutions.
• Experience effectively collaborating and influencing colleagues in the commercial organization, both in-person and remotely
•Thorough knowledge and understanding across organizational functions
• Brand management experience, including demonstration of scientific knowledge and competitive knowledge within therapeutic areas and individual assets (vaccines experience preferred)
• Experience setting and gaining alignment around brand strategies - particularly in complex and novel environments
•Experience leading retail pharmacy initiatives and/or partnerships on behalf of the manufacturer
• Strong listening skills with the ability to prioritize and incorporate different perspectives across medical, clinical, commercial, customer and other functions
•Solutions-oriented. Able to bring out the best thinking from cross-functional partners and keep team(s) focused on the end goal
• Experience applying business improvement techniques to drive efficiency and improved performance
• Demonstrated analytical skills- ability to understand drivers of performance, synthesize and accurately draw conclusions from data and apply results of market research to inform decision making
• Multi-channel marketing campaign development experience
• Demonstrated understanding of channels, pricing and appropriate market access strategies
• Ability to financially track tactical performance and make appropriate data-driven decisions
• Ability to recognizes tradeoffs, make adjustments as needed and prioritize well across short and long-term needs of the business
• Seeks to continuously improve self, others, the business and the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Customer facing experience preferred
•Copy approval process experience
Key Marketing Competencies:
Customer Segmentation and Insight - identifies priority customer segments and goes beneath the surface to uncover the true and hidden nature of attitudes, beliefs, and emotions that drive customer behavior. Ensures insight is brought to life through all marketing efforts, from strategy development to implementation
Project & Supplier Management - effective planning, execution and relationship building with internal /external suppliers, including the Ad agency, to create strategic collaboration with suppliers that positively impact business objectives. Uses business improvement and project briefs and inspires and aligns across the extended team
Campaign Development and Execution - Disciplined use of strategy and customer-centricity to deliver quality content, including both personal and emerging channels that engage a clearly targeted and segmented set of external customers. Strives for delivering an exceptional customer experience when, where and how customers want to receive information
This role will be responsible for driving optimal vaccine availability and pull-through at the pharmacy - zoster's most prominent channel, and delivery upon all associated launch objectives.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
•Partnering closely with the retail customer segment to scope out strategic alliances in support of key launch objectives.
•Developing and executing on a field engagement plan to support the channel and regional pharmacy teams
•Influencing development of trade criteria that will support launch and overall VBU needs
•Supporting the overall development of the customer segment strategy for the VBU. This also includes evaluation of the business opportunity.
•Holding responsibility for specific brand or disease states across the segment
•Acting as a liaison and communication point for assigned area(s)
•Identify and develop solutions to address vaccination needs for customers (at local, district and national levels)
•Develop resources (brand or above brand) to support selling teams responsible for the customer segment and ensure approval through copy review processes.
•Develop business plans for the customer segment including development of a bottoms up forecast, Strat Plan, Marketing Operational Plan and Go to Market Plans ensuring synergies with the other customer franchises and brands .
•Responsible for reviewing in market campaign reporting and post campaign reviews and make optimization recommendations.
•Work with internal teams and outside agencies/vendors to define project scope, timelines, and deliverables. Draft creative briefs and other necessary requirements documents to support the development of campaigns. Provide direction and support to project teams and implement changes when needed in order to achieve project objectives
•Routinely engage with the field and our customers to understand their needs for the development of relevant customer value propositions
•Manage project budgets within internal tracking systems (Planner). Monitor project statuses and budgets and provide reporting on progress, problems, and solutions
•Lead development of and execution of the Health Information Technology (HIT) activities -to ensure that capabilities within HIT are maximized to deliver on the brand strategy and meet the business objectives
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.