Sun 8am-4:30pm, Monday 1:30pm-11pm and Wednesday 1:30pm-10pm
Under general supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility, the Pharmacy Technician - Central Fill is responsible for the daily fulfillment of Optifill 1 canisters with identified prescription drugs and fulfillment of prescriptions at manual fill pharmacy stations; this includes fulfillment of canisters with identified drugs, vial label changes, canister cleaning, building of canisters for drug fulfillment, canister repair, and troubleshooting of canister related issues. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: Sun 8am-4:30pm, Monday 1:30pm-11pm and Wednesday 1:30pm-10pm
- Operates Optifill 1 automated fulfillment equipment under the direction of the Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- Responsible for the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions, capping, and printing of pharmacy vial labels, including automated and manual processes.
- Handles the fulfillment of canisters with specified drugs as directed.
- Performs the daily maintenance of canisters and cleaning of machines as defined by schedule.
- Restocks drugs and supplies for use by Optifill as well as for each manual pick station.
- Performs canister repairs and handles overall troubleshooting of Optifill machine at the direction of Engineer.
- Builds new canisters for drugs to be dispensed by Optifill 1.
- Assists Inventory Coordinator with check in and put away of daily wholesale drug order following product storage procedures and standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education; must have completed State, National, or NACDS technical training as required by State; normally requires one (1) to two (2) years related experience; previous experience in Retail or Hospital pharmacy preferred. Must have an unrestricted, current state license as a Pharmacy Technician in resident state as required by state law. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Effective communication skills - oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to be a team player and develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Good analytical, math, and computer skills