GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A pharmacy technician is responsible for supporting pharmacy operations by dispensing sterile products, packaging and delivering radiopharmaceuticals. Actively participates in the maintenance of the sterile compounding facility & environmental health & safety, quality assurance & radiation safety programs.
• Exemplifies compliance with all regulations, Company Policies, Corporate Standards and Health and Safety rules related to area of responsibility.
• Process and review customer orders from initial receipt through final packaging accurately and consistently.
• Perform daily set-up for production
• Fulfill the radiopharmaceutical orders & perform leukocyte labeling procedures.
• Handle, package and deliver radiopharmaceuticals and hazardous materials in compliance with Company Policies, Corporate Standards and Health and Safety rules related to area of responsibility.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate level of drug inventory and other business necessary supplies.
• Perform required tests on equipment (e.g. dose calibrator constancy and survey meter checks) and manually record results.
• Perform quality control tests on prepared products to ensure all quality requirements have been met.
• Process returned medical waste and maintain returned reusable supplies in compliance with all regulations and Company Policies.
• Maintain cleanliness of lab in accordance with the facility housekeeping schedules, which may include but are not limited to: mopping, sweeping, cleaning and tidy work spaces, and removal of waste from facility.
• Prepare the bio-hazardous waste disposal and complete the paperwork for shipment & tracking.
• Perform radiation wipes and surveys on shipping containers, pharmacy supplies, incoming packages, work spaces and vehicles.
• Actively participate in maintaining a safe work environment by completing required training, providing suggestions for improving the health and safety program and bringing unsafe acts and/or conditions to the attention of management.
• Support Pharmacy Operations by accurately entering regulatory and other required information into pharmacy computer system.
1. High School Diploma or GED/local equivalent
2. Eligible to work in the local country
3. Ability to accommodate shift changes based on business needs
4. Valid driver's license to operate in necessary delivery area
5. Must be able to lift 50 pounds
6. Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified or current enrollment in an Accredited School of Pharmacy or local country pharmacy certifications where appropriate.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Previous experience handling radioactive materials
2. Previous experience processing prescriptions and/or preparing pharmaceuticals
3. Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner
4. Ability to prioritize job duties. Successfully balances proactive versus reactive tasks. Handles multiple tasks quickly without forfeiting quality.
5. Uses sound judgment in all situations. Adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines without question. Is honest. Is trusted and trusting. Holds self accountable for actions, seeks facts - not blame. Makes compliance a priority
6. Accept and adhere to high ethical values in decisions and actions.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Woburn
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.