West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX Pharmacy Technician II West Houston Medical Center
offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center
boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.West Houston Medical Center
is currently looking for a Pharmacy Technician II. Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of registered pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician has the primary responsibility in the areas of medication receiving, preparing, compounding, dispensing and delivery.
- The position also requires the compounding of intravenous solutions, maintenance of floor stock, entering patient charges into the computer, and maintaining the required disposition records for all pharmaceuticals.
- Effective communication skills with all individuals both inter and intra-departmental, to ensure effective completion of all tasks within the department.
- Maintains PAR levels for departmental supplies and orders when needed.
- Pharmacy Technician school graduate preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Holds a current license from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Holds a current PTCB Certificate.
- ACPE Certification in sterile products is required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom