Osceola Regional Medical Center
is a Joint Commission accredited, 332-bed full-service hospital featuring state-of-the-art technology and a highly skilled team of physicians and medical professionals. Located in Kissimmee, just minutes away from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana, Osceola Regional Medical Center is committed to providing accessible high-standard health care to our communities.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter's Creek which serves South Orlando.
Osceola Regional's commitment for quality and growth is evident as their parent company, HCA, and the University of Central Florida College of Medicine has announced a graduate education consortium which will increase the number of residencies and fellowship at Osceola Regional Medical Center and throughout the state of Florida. Position Summary:
Following physicians' orders, the Registered Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist. Essential Job Functions:
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- National certification (PTCB) as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) required.
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- Minimum of one year pharmacy tech experience; hospital setting preferred.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom