Corpus Christi Medical Center - Corpus Christi, TX Pharmacy Tech II Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available. Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
Corpus Christi Medical Center
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
is currently looking for a Pharmacy Tech II. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates competence to prepare IV fluids and chemotherapy under the guidance of a Registered Pharmacist.
- Demonstrates ability to perform functions of reviewing and inspecting medication storage units throughout the facility.
- Accurately performs daily restocking of Automated Dispensing Machines (ADTs).
- Accurately performs daily functions as associated with Narc Station.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively review and label medications in order to improve patient safety within the facilty (i.e. hot lists, sound alike drugs, look alike drugs, etc.).
- Displays responsibility and accountability for control of medication inventory within Pharmacy.
- Maintains daily documentation logs related to Flowhood cleaning, Automix calibration, and appropriate drug storage temperatures within the department.
- Distributes medication throughout the facility in a timely and effective manner.
- Under the guidance of a Registered Pharmacist, demonstrates ability to perform appropriate calculations to enhance patient care.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- IV certification preferred
- basic computer skills required.
- CPhT certification required.
- Texas State registration.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom