Lake City Medical Center
has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care , heart care , orthopedics , cancer care , imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the areas ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years. Position Summary:
Following physicians' orders, the Registered Pharmacy Tech assists pharmacists by filling routine orders for unit does and prepackaged pharmaceutical dispenses medications. Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by pharmacist. Essential Job Functions:
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and preparing labels.
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and performs dispensing duties accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- National certification (PTCB) as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) required within three months of hire.
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- Minimum of one year pharmacy tech experience; hospital setting preferred.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom