Performs compliance tasks and the related activities in support of the DEA and controlled medication dispensing process. • Fill all Narcotic prescriptions for all facilities as directed (inclusive of all controlled STAT labels/prescriptions)
• Responsible for checking perpetual inventory and accuracy
• Run Reports
• Responsible for returns of Narcotics Room prescriptions, have cleared before returning to inventory or discard as instructed
• Check all orders for accuracy, log into correct books, in appropriate drugs received or discrepancies checked thru PIC
• Handles inventory, responsible for all reports, discrepancies and missing product
• Responsible for re-packaging of drugs for workload
• Responsible for all copies of documents necessary to keep Narcotics Room compliant with all DEA and Federal laws and regulations
• Responsible for maintaining Narcotics Room cleanliness and compliance
• Assist Picking Technicians as needed when additional help is required on the floor
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by locationRequired Qualifications:
· Pharmacy Technician Certification required. • Knowledge of and experience with controlled drug packaging procedures is required
• Knowledge of DEA and Federal laws for CII – CV prescriptions is requiredPreferred Qualifications:
· Fluent in all aspects of the English Language. • Good oral communication skills
• Ability to have strong communication with Dispensing Pharmacists
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, facility staff members, and others within organization
• Ability to write routine correspondence and reports
• Knowledge of basic math skills is required.
• Excellent skills in usage of fax machine, computer software, copier, and word-processingEducation:
High Schoold Diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/