MedCare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, MedCare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has been an MedCare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking to work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment? Do you enjoy working collaboratively? This position offers you an opportunity to work in such an environment.
Position Schedule: Overnight/Third shift; 7 on 7 off 7p to 730a hours are subject to change based on company needs.
- Read, interpret and enter prescriptions into our system.
- Partner with the pharmacists and route questionable prescriptions for resolution, which will help with the efficiency and completion of patient orders.
- Utilize and sharpen your accuracy and efficiency in reading and interpreting prescriptions, and strengthen your data entry skills, which will have a positive impact on the pharmacy workflow.
- Get the opportunity to make outbound calls, fax physicians for prescription clarification, substitutions and formulary changes.
- Be responsible for resolving and entering incomplete prescriptions after clarification is obtained.
- Have proven reliability demonstrated by successfully focusing on the customers and team in a professional manner
- Posses the ability to apply problem solving skills and attention to detail with accuracy to meet the needs of the customers
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician or a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy -OR- Must submit an application for registration with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy prior to hire.
- pharmacy technician experience.
High School diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/