Position Summary: Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life?
Are you ready to have a career with purpose?
Omnicare, a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across the United States. Due to the rapidly growing healthcare sector, we are have exciting opportunities to people at all career levels. While employees learn and develop their careers, they also receive a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to helping our employees succeed. We believe in continuing education, internal advancement, and providing opportunities for career development wherever and whenever possible. Although Omnicare pharmacies are not open to the public you’ll work amongst great colleagues in a supportive environment aligned with the company’s mission, allowing our customers to focus on giving their patients the best care. You can start your career on the path you’d expect from an industry leader and join our team today.
In addition to career growth, other benefits offered include:
As a Pharmacy Technician at Omnicare you will:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Paid training
- Fast track career progression
- Employee discount programs
- Prepare medications through actions including measure, mix, count out, label and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders and/or maintaining patient medical records following Long Term Care Pharmacy policies, regulations and procedures.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Fill daily drug order through different dispensing systems and maintain e-kits accurately and efficiently under the supervision of a dispensing pharmacist.
- Triage customer service requests and medication orders by department, urgency, and information/response.
- Maintain facility and customer medical record forms and enter all non-medication orders into customer specific profiles.
- Maintain and update E-Kit lists as needed.
- Maintain narcotic and supplemental E-Kits following established policies and procedures.
- Stage and generate manifest for cycle exchange.
- Use appropriate pharmacy program to bill patients on monthly cycle for medications used from E-Kits.
- Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 month previous experience as a pharmacy technician or Long term care pharmacy experience preferred
- Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/