North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. Position Summary:
Performs technical duties under direct supervision of attending pharmacist, involving compounding and dispensing of medications and preparation of sterile products including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition solutions, maintaining the drug inventory and patient records. Is actively engaged in training others. Essential Job Functions:
- Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Accurately fills medication orders and follows labeling requirements
- Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures.
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- PTCB Pharmacy Technician certification required.
- One (1) year of related pharmacy tech experience preferred.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom