North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida - North Florida Regional Medical Center
(NFRMC). NFRMC is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , senior care , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain. Position Summary:
Performs technical duties under direct supervision of attending pharmacist, involving compounding and dispensing of medications and preparation of sterile products including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition solutions, maintaining the drug inventory and patient records. Is actively engaged in training others. Essential Job Functions:
- Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Accurately fills medication orders and follows labeling requirements
- Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures.
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- State of Florida Registration as a Pharmacy Tech required.
- PTCB Pharmacy Technician certification required.
- One (1) year of related pharmacy tech experience preferred.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus