For over 45 years, Memorial Hospital
has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville and offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of the staff Pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician
, process, compound and prepare medications upon receiving medication orders from physicians or other qualified practitioners; fill and deliver drug requisitions received from patient care areas; repackage medications, conduct patient billing; restocking and ordering supplies; assist in the delivery of medication to patient care areas; and assist the Pharmacist in other operation duties as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Assist Pharmacist in dispensing of doses following department guidelines.
2. Records drugs which need to be reordered.
3. Demonstrates accuracy in filling initial orders and IV's
4. Purchases and/or receives drugs following department guidelines.
5. Compounds parenterol admixture using asceptic technique.
6. Correctly places pharmacy generated form in patient's chart.
7. Delivers stats and picks up orders as needed.
8. Makes rounds in a timely manner.
9. Accurately refills automated drug distribution cabinets.
10. Maintains inventory in a neat and organized fashion.
11. Assists in putting away returned medications on a daily basis.
12. Packages/Bar-Codes medications following department guidelines.
13. Restock and transport code 5 carts following department guidelines.Qualifications: EDUCATION:
- A High School Diploma is required
- An active State of Florida Registered Pharmacy Technician is required
- A PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician is preferred
- 3 years Pharmacy Tech experience is required
- At least one year Pharmacy experience in the hospital setting is strongly preferred
- PRN position so shifts/hours are not guarenteed
- Looking for Day Shift and Evening Shift coverage as well as some Weekend Shift coverage
- Please list any/all shifts you are available to work during the application process
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom