Pharmacy Technician/Buyer Full-time (1.0 FTE) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, Florida Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center as well, which includes the Mazor Robotics Program that provides highly-accurate, minimally-invasive surgery for complex spinal cases.
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Summary:
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for managing the pharmaceutical inventory in the assigned hospital including purchasing of pharmaceuticals and related products, oversight of receipt and placing these items in stock, optimization of pharmacy inventory both in the facility pharmacy and automated cabinets. This position ensures all pharmaceutical products are appropriately labeled with barcodes including repackaging of products for patient administration. The Buyer will assist the automation coordinator or individual in similar role with respect to ADU inventory management. The Pharmacy Buyer shall also assist in training personnel on inventory handling and overseeing workflow in the pharmacy when the tech supervisor or pharmacy manager is unavailable. Duties (included but not limited to):
- Participate in all activities of the pharmacy department that involve the inventory management of drugs, medication storage areas and department related supplied.
- Established and maintains inventory levels of drug/supplied. Makes decisions in purchasing while complying with budget limitations, and achieving a maximum inventory turnover rate.
- Communicates in real time shortages of medications or changes in medication stock availability
- Maintains invoicing for all drug and supply accounts
- Process wholesaler invoices for payment by account payable according to Policy and Procedures
- Manages the transfer of drugs between areas of pharmacy, the hospital, and non-hospital accounts
- Demonstrates working knowledge with the general duties of a Pharmacy technician
Position Qualifications: Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Supply Chain Logistics preferred
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active FL Registered Pharmacy Technician license
- Minimum of 2 years of hospital clinical pharmacy experience within the last 3 years of experience as pharmacy technician or pharmacy buyer