Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility obtains new patient's clinical and prescription plan coverage information review new prescription and/or prescription.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient's prescriptions.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Submits receives and places inventory in stock.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with the reviews and handling of all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement co-pay and related financials and if needed as directed follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Intervenes with Pharmacy Benefit Manager Companies to resolve plan and patient specific adjudication issues.
- Supply and monitor ambulatory dispensing robotic technology.
Actively participates by delivering medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients as outlined by the concierge prescription program.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible ambulatory pharmacy experience; bachelor's degree program preferred. Pharmacy technician certified with a state or national technical certification organization preferred (may be required in some states).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.