Pharmacy Technicians - Prescription Data Entry (training provided) (Job Number: 024794)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
Want to get into the Pharmacy Technician career field? We will train you and help you obtain your license!
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as
part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing
enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots
in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints,
shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within
reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as
immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members,
Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities
await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated
to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Walgreens is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Job Summary
Responsible for transcribing and verifying prescription information into a computer terminal. Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Reads, understands and follows Walgreens prescription data entry guidelines and procedures. Reads and reviews prescriptions, troubleshoots to obtain missing information in order to solve. Responsible for the accuracy and quality of data-input and troubleshooting prescription information. Job Responsibilities
- Transcribes and verifies prescription information into a computer terminal.
- Applies and maintains appropriate licensure/registration, as required by state regulations.
- Interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Reads and understands Walgreens prescription data entry guidelines and procedures.
- Reads, reviews, and enters prescriptions into the system; troubleshoots to obtain missing information in order to resolve (utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages).
- Inputs images of prescriptions into the computer.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 months of work experience.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Internet Explorer and emailing skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience utilizing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, pharmaceutical mathematics, conversion measurements and percentages
- Experience with data entry.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Experience in retail pharmacy.
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.