Full Time Days with rotating weekends; 2:30 am until 11:00 am
TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Phlebotomist
Part of the TriStar family of hospitals
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion. Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a Phlebotomist
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served
- Performs specimen collection per policy and procedure.
- Utilizes computer system for data entry and monitoring of workflow.
- Participates in phlebotomy duties in both the Tower and Women's Hospital as scheduled.
- Maintains knowledge of all collection procedures.
- Supports Phlebotomy Coordinator goals and initiatives; exhibits teamwork with other dept. employees
- Participates in new employee and student training as assigned.
- Exhibits and adheres to ICARE Standards of Behavior in all areas of job duties and responsibilities
- Participates in hospital initiatives and department goals set by Laboratory Director and Manager.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with staff, patients, patient families, physicians and vendors.
- Phlebotomy experience
- Good computer skills
- Very good people and communication skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom