Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA Phlebotomist Eastside
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Phlebotomist. Responsibilities:
- Collect specimens for laboratory testing that correlates with the health care assessment as appropriate for age. (Neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics)
- Documents collection information appropriately.
- Demonstrates age-specific care to the patient population served.
- Ensures that specimen collection meets turnaround time standards.
- Collects blood specimens of high quality which will yield accurate and timely test results.
- Demonstrates proficiency in phlebotomy with all age groups served.
- Instructs patients correctly in specimen collection techniques.
- Observes quality control and performance improvement studies.
- Performs clerical/receptionist functions.
- Identifies patient using two identifiers and labels tubes accurately at bedside.
- Assists in completion of orientation checklist for new employees and students.
- Assists with Performance Improvement data collection as assigned.
- Monitors computer, labels, and computer reports to ensure that no collections are missed.
- Answers tube system, receives specimens, and delivers specimens to appropriate department.
- Completion of phlebotomy training program preferred
- Minimum one (1) year phlebotomy experience preferred
- One (1) year hospital setting preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Heritage Staff - Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
- Floaters to Heritage - Signed introductory Crisis Prevention document
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom