Experience a higher standard of care at Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time "100 Top Hospital" and a "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital" by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. Blake Medical Center has recently been designated a provisional Level II Trauma Center. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too.
The Phlebotomist draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
- Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
- May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
- Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com .Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Phlebotomy Training program.
- Nationally recognized certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred.
- Hospital experience required.
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. Frequent standing , walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom