Lee's Summit Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility serving Lee's Summit and surrounding areas. The 64-bed advanced technology facility is both an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. All services are supported by a medical staff of over 300 physicians representing 40 specialties, by over 500 highly trained staff members and more than 100 volunteers. Lee's Summit Medical Center excels in customer service, ranked as #9 out of 170 hospitals in HCA for customer satisfaction.
Position Summary :
• Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section
Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical
Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs preanalytic testing
responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and
• Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
• Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and
• Maintains a safe work area.
• Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great
• Assist in training new staff as appropriate
Minimum Requirements :
Certifications: Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Experience: One year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences or graduate of phlebotomy course plus 6 months experience or proven skills documented through clinical hours at facility. Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom