Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center
has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center
operates two urgent care centersHouston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Phlebotomist.
- Using superb customer service skills the Phlebotomist/Registrar collects blood samples for specialized tests from all out-patients and selected groups of in-patients in a safe and timely manner. T
- Assist outpatients at the help desk by processing lab orders and data entering into the laboratory network system.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates accountability in knowledge of and compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrates competency in performance of department procedures.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills with abnormal results
- Demonstrates competent performance skills in Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for property, equipment & supplies
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Enhances professional growth, development and knowledge.
- Quality - demonstrates competence with departmental performance improvement, performance monitors and Quality Assurance activities
- Completion of Phlebotomy training program preferred
- BLS required
- Minimum 3 months experience as a phlebotomist
- 1 years experience as a phlebotomist in a hospital setting with both adult and pediatric patients preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom