Spectrum News North Carolina
is available on channels 14 and 200 and in the western foothills of North Carolina on channels 2, 14 and 711 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in North Carolina. Spectrum News North Carolina serves the Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point), Wilmington, Charlotte and the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) markets and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week.
The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in upstate New York (Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Buffalo), New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
- Shoots and edits VO’s and SOT’s for general news.
- Shoots and edits franchise segments when assigned.
- Shoots and edits story packages and natural sound packages.
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems including FCPX.
- Communicates with Chief Photographer, Assignment Desk, Ingest and Video Journalists on a regular basis, including when out in the field.
- Drive and Operates satellite uplink & transmission truck.
- Operates cellular bonding transmission devices including TVU, Dejero, or LiveU.
- Assists with training new hires on camera and transmission equipment as needed.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
APPLICATION PROCEDURESOnly applicants who apply online at jobs.spectrum.com will be considered.
- College degree preferred.
- One year minimum previous experience necessary.
- Ability to shoot, edit and operate live trucks.
- Put together story packages, shoot VO’s, SOT’s, and work under pressure during live breaking news.
- Editing knowledge of FCPX a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of operation policies and procedures.
- Must have ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to travel.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.