Under close supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility, obtains new prescription refill information from customers such as name, address and health coverage.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Labels products under Pharmacist's supervision, counts medications, stocks medication on shelves, and assists customers on the telephone and in person.
- Retrieves, counts and measures drugs.
- Assists Pharmacist with the information required to consults with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements and possible drug interactions.
- Assists Pharmacist in price checking and restocking of drugs.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer.
- Refers doctors' calls and customers' medical inquiries to Pharmacist.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year Associate's Degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; certified with a state or national technical certification organization. Must have an unrestricted, current state license as a Pharmacy Technician in resident state as required by state law. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.