Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. Responsibilities may include: the design of chip layout circuit design, circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Other responsibilities may include synthesis, automatic place and route, floor planning, timing analysis, integration and design convergence for leading edge Fabric HFI and switch components.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have unrestricted right to work in US without requiring sponsorship.
- Programming background/interest
- Unix Scripting skills
- Knowledge of Circuit design techniques
- Computer architecture classes
- Verilog design languages knowledge
- Synthesis, place and route, timing analysis knowledge
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.