Job Description :
Microelectronics group at Oracle is looking for a highly motivated physical
design verification engineer. As a part of CAD's physical design team you
will be responsible for development, testing and support of "Physical Design
Verification" tools, flows and rule sets for next generation microprocessor design
(10nm and 7nm process nodes). The candidate will work closely with design
teams and technology teams to architect, verify and deliver high quality physical design flows to Oracle's microprocessor design engineers.
Key responsibilities for this position include :
* Coding/supporting physical verification flows
* Implementing DRC, LVS, ERC and other layout post processing rules set.
* Developing and executing regression test plans, utilities and scripts to
automate regression submission and Q/A.
* Supporting physical design kit delivery, creating release notes, users guide
and related tool/flow documentation.
* Providing customer support to the design team along with tracking issues.
Candidates must possess a BS degree in EE/CS with at least 7 years of work
experience or a MS degree in EE/CS with at least 5 year of experience in
back end silicon design tools (physical verification, extraction, layout,
environment) with following skills :
* Demonstrate experience working with UNIX, C , python/tcl/Perl and Make
* Demonstrate experience working with Mentor's Calibre DRC, LVS, LVS-ADP
and TVF language
* Demonstrate experience working with Opus Virtuoso and Composer tools
* Good understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and VLSI design
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Knowledge :
* Mentor Calibre tool suite
* Cadence Physical Verification System and SKILL programming language
* Synopsys Hercules physical verification suite, PrimeYield tool suite.
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.