SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Evaluates patients using established protocols and precautions according to physician referral.
2. Treats patients according to plan using conventional treatment methods.
3. Appropriately completes and files all patient documentation by end of work day.
4. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses
appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
5. Demonstrates the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all health care
professionals and customers.
6. Demonstrates an active involvement in continued learning and provides an in-service to staff
for each course attended as discussed with manager.
7. Participates in activities which promote department operations and program development.
8. Maintains department equipment and necessary supplies.
9. Orders DME and adaptive equipment appropriately to meet the needs of patients upon
Previous experience in an Acute Care or Outpatient Rehab setting preferred.
Graduate from an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the APTA and possession of a valid Virginia license to practice physical therapy required. Advanced training in a specialty area related to specific patient populations is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom