TriStar Skyline Medical Center - Nashville, TN Nationally recognized as one of the best!
The Rehab Center at TriStar Skyline is Middle Tennessee's only CARF accredited acute inpatient physical rehabilitation program. Our program provides specialized and highly skilled physical rehabilitation services to patients with complex needs.
Rehabilitation begins early in the patient's recovery. A dedicated rehabilitation team consists of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and rehab nurses. Each patient's rehabilitation plan is individualized to help patients and their families achieve the best possible outcome and quality of life.
The 41-bed unit is one of Middle Tennessee's largest premier inpatient facilities featuring large, private rooms. Our team of board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians works with patients and their families every step of the way to get patients back to the quality of life they deserve.
Our Rehabilitation Program is designed to help people overcome the effects of a stroke or other debilitating injury or illness. The program combines physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehab nursing and neuro-psychology services under the direction of a physiatrist (physical medicine and rehabilitation physician). Education, disease management, diet, home set-up, social and emotional needs and home exercise programs are provided to patients and their families to help them manage their care and perform acts of daily living at home. Medicare and most private insurance plans cover some or all of prescribed rehabilitation services. Department:
Inpatient Rehab/Acute Care POSITION SUMMARY:
What we offer:
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care including plan of care, education of patient/family, communication with physicians, and documentation of patient care.
- Performs initial evaluations and on-going re-assessments based on department specific policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to integrate age specific factors into the plan of care and involves the patient and family in care plan process as appropriate to age.
- Effectively communicates with other team members and patient.
- Completes inpatient evaluations and treatments as per hospital policies / guidelines.
- Evaluate patients and establish prescription programs.
- Administers treatment to patient according to department policy.
- Documents all essential patient information per departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate care is given by reviewing the treatment plan and adjusting accordingly.
- Supervises patient care assigned to assistants and technicians.
- Instructs patient/family of treatment plan/goals.
- Enters patient charges.
- Schedules patients, facilitates insurance authorization issues, contacts patients as needed, and performs necessary clerical tasks as indicated by supervisors.
Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Competitive salary
- Night and weekend shift differentials
- Generous PTO Plan
- Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc.
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Consumer discounts
- And many, many more!
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in PT
- Tennessee license within 90 days of hire
- Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria
- Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance.
- Experience in providing educational programs and public speaking relating to Marketing responsibilities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom